Can Do Canines is seeking a dynamic and creative person responsible for implementing a comprehensive annual giving program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Development Associate is responsible for cultivating current and new donors to increase financial support from contributors, board, staff, volunteers and friends of Can Do Canines. This is accomplished through managing direct mail and web-based communications, phon-a-thons, giving club, ambassador program, name-a-puppy program, Give to the Max Day and other events. This individual participates in donor communication, involvement and recognition.
The Development Associate also develops a yearly plan and calendar of annual fund solicitations. He or she works closely with the Development Director, Executive Director and other development staff to ensure the successful attainment of annual giving goals and objectives. This individual also works closely with the communications department to conceptualize and oversee the creation and production of all Can Do Canines annual fund communications materials.
This is an exempt, salaried position. Hours are full-time / minimum 40 hours per week, including occasional weekend and evening hours.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization and developing relationships with donors.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and take on increased responsibilities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Outgoing personality and professional demeanor.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a collaborative environment as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suites. Experience working with a database, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with people with disabilities is a plus. A valid driver’s license and insurability are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associates Degree in related field and five or more years of related experience, or seven or more years of related experience, or reasonable variation of the above.
Can Do Canines offers a comprehensive benefit package including paid time off (PTO), health and dental insurance, and after one year, 403(b) pension package.
To apply for this position, please E-MAIL your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
In the Subject Line, put: Your Last Name, Your First Name – Development Associate.
PHONE CALLS and/or VIDEO RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Can Do Canines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.