Congratulations to the 16 Can Do Canines teams who received diplomas on Saturday, October 11 in recognition of graduating from Can Do Canines assistance dog program. Each assistance dog was provided free of charge due to the generous support of our donors.
The Graduation Ceremony represents the culmination of a long journey for the assistance dogs and their partners. Beginning with puppy raisers, either in the homes of volunteers or at one of four Minnesota prisons, the dogs are raised and taught basic obedience and early assistance dog skills. After 18 months, they are returned to Can Do Canines for final training and to begin their new life with a person in need, free of charge.
Congratulations to our new graduates!
To see photos from the day follow the following links:
2014 Fall Graduates
- Abbygail Ledonio & Autism Assist Dog Jensen
- Alicia Blank & Mobility Assist Dog Albert
- Kristine Cinealis & Hearing Assist Dog Jasper
- Maja Nord & Seizure Assist Dog Andi
- Birgit Lillehei & Mobility Assist Dog Ellie
- Chad Murphy-Price & Mobility Assist Dog Henry
- Stephanie Fortman & Hearing Assist Dog Fred
- Kristi Eisenbraun & Mobility Assist Dog Huxley
- Jeremy Neiderer & Hearing Assist Dog Yogi
- Scott Brunk & Mobility Assist Dog Moto
- Jacob Larsen & Mobility Assist Dog Inky
- Jarrin Ndiritu & Autism Assist Dog Jazz
- Joe Mester & Mobility Assist Dog Jupiter