Congratulations to the 17 Can Do Canines teams who received diplomas on Saturday, October 22 in recognition of graduating from Can Do Canines assistance dog program. Each assistance dog was provided free of charge due to the generous support of our donors.
The Graduation Ceremony represents the culmination of a long journey for the assistance dogs and their partners. Beginning with puppy raisers, either in the homes of volunteers or at one of four Minnesota prisons, the dogs are raised and taught basic obedience and early assistance dog skills. After 18 months, they are returned to Can Do Canines for final training and to begin their new life with a person in need, free of charge.
Congratulations to our new graduates!
To see photos from the day follow the following links:
2016 Fall Graduates
- Kali McKellips & Mobility Assist Dog Buddy
- Nicholas Conley & Autism Assistance Dog Truly
- Stephanie Oxley and Mobility Assist Dog Trek
- Amy Kainz & Mobility Assist Dog Rebel
- Gabriel O’Donnell & Autism Assist Dog
- Harry Hutchins & Mobility Assist/Hearing Assist Dog Hayes
- Jack Peña & Autism Assist Dog Stitch
- Sophia Reither & Autism Assist Dog Rylee
- Lisa Peterson & Seizure Response Dog Morrie
- Larry Thompson & Mobility Assist Dog Ritz
- Karen Staats & Hearing Assist Dog Nash
- John Lavender & Mobility Assist Dog Spirit
- Christopher Reichel & Mobility Assist Dog Allie (Alice)
- Lisa Jordan & Hearing Assist Dog Cleo
- Mark Hawkins & Mobility Assist Dog Uno James
- Matt Dingley & Diabetes Assist Dog Brewster
- Will Shushelnycky & Hearing Assist Dog