Congratulations to the 17 Can Do Canines teams who received diplomas on Saturday, February 18 in recognition of graduating from Can Do Canines assistance dog program. Each assistance dog was provided free of charge due to the generous support of our donors.
The Graduation Ceremony represents the culmination of a long journey for the assistance dogs and their partners. Beginning with puppy raisers, either in the homes of volunteers or at one of four Minnesota prisons, the dogs are raised and taught basic obedience and early assistance dog skills. After 18 months, they are returned to Can Do Canines for final training and to begin their new life with a person in need, free of charge.
Congratulations to our new graduates!
To see photos from the day click the flickr link below:
2017 Winter Graduates:
- Maureen Pranghofer & Mobility Assist Dog Walter
- Brett Young & Diabetes Assist Dog Barbie
- Kerry Houts & Diabetes Assist Dog Vinnie
- Cathy Krause & Hearing Assist Dog Molly
- Frank Koss & Mobility Assist Dog Pinta
- Nicole Greenlund & Diabetes Assist Dog Tuesday
- Jason Apland & Mobility Assist Dog Wagner
- Sherry Christensen & Diabetes Assist Dog Tesla
- Roger Tottingham & Mobility Assist Dog Wynn
- Leonard Hovan & Diabetes Assist Dog Rogue
- Kati Hammar & Mobility Assist Dog Vegas
- James Pick & Mobility Assist Dog Oakley
- Remington Christoph & Autism Assist Dog Candy
- Lia (Rui Rui) Bleifuss & Mobility Assist Dog Tango
- Dale Saari & Hearing Assist Dog Ella
- Braxton Wiebush & Mobility Assist Dog Blue
- Maxim Lemesh & Autism Assist Dog Vaughn