Can Do Canines trains Mobility Assist Dogs to help people with physical disabilities. While the needs of each client can vary, Mobility Assist Dogs are trained to provide support by:
- opening and closing doors
- picking up and retrieving dropped objects
- pulling wheelchairs or steadying someone as they walk
- turning light switches on or off
- retrieving a cordless phone
- Some dogs can also be trained as Diabetes Assist and Seizure Assist Dogs.
Due to the generosity of supporters like you all of our assistance dogs are provided to clients free of charge.
- Learn how a Mobility Assist Dog named Dinger changed the life of his partner while she attended college.